Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Had cable for the weekend; didn't see anything I missed

It's been five days since I cut the cord on cable, but I got something of a reprieve when we spent the weekend on a quick Memorial Day Weekend to the coast, and our rental unit had a basic cable package. Now, it's not like I was parked in front of the TV the entire time; we were at the Northwest coast, after all. Moreover, I'd spent too much time sitting that first day, so I had to get out in the evening for a run along the beach.

Anyway, while flipping through the channels after a post-run shower, I found . . . nothing. I ended up watching the last 20 minutes of the 2004 remake of Dawn of the Dead, which was on MTV of all channels. (Yes, as a Gen Xer, I actually remember when MTV debuted, and when it showed music videos 24/7!)

The second night, while I was in the gym, it was kind of the same: flip, flip, flip, flip. I settled on X-Men: First Class on FX, which was entertaining enough that I finished it back in the room. (I did see it in the theater when it came out, so even this bit of advocacy for cable is limited.)

So, all in all, I'm not really missing cable.

No comments:

Post a Comment