Friday, May 23, 2014

Behind the scenes of NBC's "American Ninja Warrior"




TV Guide has a fun behind the scenes story about NBC's "American Ninja Warrior," which returns next week. If you haven't seen it, it's the ultimate obstacle course with all kinds of crazy obstacles that require amazing upper body endurance and coordination. The story reporter got to jump to the front of the tryout line and attempt the course. (She didn't make it past the first obstacle.)

This is one of the relatively few shows that my wife and I let our little boys watch. One day, I noticed that they were both in one of our downstairs hallways, giggling and not fighting, which is usually a sign that they're up to something. When I checked on them, I saw that they were practicing the Jumping Spider obstacle, which looks like this:



(Dude in the picture is Derek Nakamoto, a Cal Poly-Pomona engineering student in 2012.)

I think it would be kind of fun to try the "American Ninja Warrior" course, but I have no illusions about how I'd fare. The contestants who get the farthest are pretty much are parkour experts, rock climbers, or former gymnasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment