Sunday, June 1, 2014

Just discovered MeTV!



Thanks to cutting the cord, I just discovered MeTV, which is a syndicated channel that airs a bunch of old shows from the 60s and 70s mostly. It airs on the secondary HD feed on one of our local network affiliates, but I don't think it was part of the Comcast basic package that I had been getting.

Anyway, I first noticed it because at 11:30 pm, MeTV has been airing the old "Mission: Impossible" series. I'm a sucker for memorable TV theme songs/openings (which probably partly explains why I like "CSI: Miami"!), and "Mission: Impossible" definitely has that going for it. (Unfortunately, right now, MeTV is airing episodes from season 6, which was when the writers and producers got tired of sending the IMF team to vaguely eastern European locations and had them fighting organized crime domestically. Thus, the opening mission brief on the self-destructing tape no longer includes the catchphrase, "As usual, if you or any member of your IM team are captured or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions.")

1966 Batman titlecard.JPG

Still, energized by my discovery of "Mission: Impossible," I looked into what else MeTV has to offer, and it was like striking the gold mine! What Gen Xer wouldn't smile at the memory of reruns of the campy "Batman" with Adam West?

But wait, there's more! How about "Get Smart," "Gilligan's Island," "Lost in Space," "M*A*S*H," "Remington Steele," "Star Trek," and "Wonder Woman," among others?

Getting rid of cable is turning out better and better!

No comments:

Post a Comment